Keeping your metadata up to date and relevent can be a very important part of what your users see in the search engine results. The most important part would be making sure your meta description is populated as you will have more control over what is displayed to your users when they see your page in a search engine.
Do update this date:
- From the Mantis Dashboard, click the “Pages” button on the left and then expand the “DEFAULT MENU" menu if your content is in the main menu. If not, then expand the menu is is housed in or use the search feature to find your page.
- Click the “Edit info” icon on the right of the page you would like to edit, this looks like 2 TT's
- In the last row, click the "Meta Information" box to expand the items.
- Enter your information and click save.
A breakdown of each of these fields is as follows:
- Keywords: Define key words for the search engines to index related to your site.
- Description: a brief description of what your page is about, this will display as your page description.
- Author: you can optionally add in the author of that particular page